Sunday, May 22, 2011

Celebrations and Final Goodbyes!

Over the past few weeks there have been so many activities that I've been jokingly saying to friends: "There's so many things to do this month that our calendar looks like a marker threw up on it." I'm not joking. As a good friend said "its better to have lots of things to do, than nothing at all." I suppose she's right...how many times has everyone sat on the couch thinking to themselves that they'd kill for a little excitement on a particularly boring Friday night?

As most people know by now, Kevin and I have opted to move ourselves instead of having the Marine Corps hire a moving company to do the work for us. Well, on one hand its a good thing; we make money off the move, we leave at our own pace, we don't have to feel uncomfortable about people packing our personal belongings for us (I mean come on...you can be the most "squeaky clean" person out there and still feel slightly violated when someone is looking through your things). On the other hand, its become one more thing to think about. We've been to baby showers, birthday parties, weddings, social gatherings, dinners, had a garage sale, went to Kevin's graduation and commissioning, entertained family that was in town, etc, and things aren't slowing down anytime soon. I wouldn't change a single thing - every event we've been to we've enjoyed immensely and created memories that continue to bring smiles to our faces.

I have to say, however, the stress isn't preventing me from enjoying these last few days in Vermont. I've learned so many things, done so many things, and made wonderful friends that I'll be very sad to say goodbye to. Tis' the life though, isn't it? You get comfortable in one state and before you know it you're off to the next: learning where everything is, learning where not to go, learning what the hotspots are, and figuring out how to get back into the swing of things.

Many more photos to come - to be continued....


Here are all of the activities we've been attending over the last week:



Josh & Krystal Chang's Wedding





Mr. & Mrs. Allen!
Our friends, Olufemi and Amy
Chatting at the wedding
Kevin and I, with Olufemi and Amy
Caroline with Melissa's daughter Malia.
Caroline and Nicole
Josh & Krystal cutting their beautiful cake!
First dance
Doing the "Macarena"!



Graduation Week
We made lobsters the first night my Dad was in town.
Heading out to sightsee in Berlin.
The countryside of Berlin, VT.
Capitol building in Montpelier, VT.
With Kevin's uncle Tom and my father.

Taking awesome pictures with my Nikon!

Inside the Capitol building.
Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Factory - Waterbury, VT.
Yum!
Oh Kevin...
Kevin's uncle Tom and my father wanted to buy Kevin his last beer as an E-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger