Climbing in a rock gym is monotonous and boring, not to mention you can imagine how disgusting the hand-holds are from numerous people touching them with their chalky-sweaty hands. Kevin and I feel like we need a good hose-down when we leave and undoubtedly use copious amounts of hand sanitizer....I'm thinking back to the few times we got sick last winter and it quite possibly could have been the result of the climbing gym.
Outdoor climbing costs absolutely nothing (minus the cost for collecting your own personal gear), and the various different areas to climb outside seem countless so you never get bored. The weather looked a little shaky as we drove up to Bolton, but just like clockwork the rain stopped almost immediately after Tom and Kevin got the rope set up for our harnesses. Kevin wasn't feeling well and decided to sit out of the climbing, so Tom and I climbed only once until that darn spring-rain started up again. The rain hindered our climbing that day, but for the sake of everyone else here I pray it keeps raining. As you can see from the photos, there isn't a lot of green poking through the forests, and we're hoping to see those notorious "green mountains" one last time.
Tom makes us giggle...of course he wanted to be in my photo!
Ta-da! All done!

No comments:
Post a Comment