Monday, December 19, 2011

You learn something new everyday...in the south.

  1. Everything is fried.
  2. "Ya'll" must be in every sentence.
  3. "Dry State" on Sundays - no alcohol is allowed to be sold on Sunday.
  4. They loooooove their football.
  5. Houndstooth pattern is a trademark of Alabama. If you wear it, consider yourself to be marked an Alabaman.
  6. If you don't have a twang in your voice...you're spotted immediately.
  7. Did I mention everything is fried?
  8. The highways are really, really, really, really, (did I say really?) flat.
  9. There are no apartments to rent - only houses.
  10. 9 out of 10 radio stations are country.
  11. Religious billboards are plastered everywhere.
  12. Crawfish, hushpuppies, cornbread, fried green tomatoes, and sweet tea are present on every menu.
  13. A southerner will talk to you about anything...you're their best friend for that moment.
  14. Don't even bother doing your hair...that humidity you always hear about that ruins hairstyles? Its real. I've been sporting frizzy hair since the moment we got here.
  15. Also, following the advice from the humidity on #14...don't bother wearing makeup, because within only an hour mascara will be drooling down your face.

I'm sure over the year, my list will grow. I love the south, its such a interestingly different place! (in a good way, I promise!). At this point, we've lived in New England, we've lived in Virginia, and now we're living in the south. It's definitely unique to the rest of the country! I can't complain, the sun is shining, the beach is only 40 minutes away, and we're living in an absolutely adorable house.


...until next time ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger