Tuesday, October 2, 2012

USS Alabama

It was a horribly rainy, overcast, and gloomy day...but just as we got to the USS Alabama, the rain mysteriously stopped! The clouds parted and it was time to be a nerdy tourist!

It was so great to see such an amazing piece of history. I couldn't tell you half of the things I was looking at, but luckily I had a Marine and a Sailor to help me out. We all ate lunch at a local seafood restaurant and between the three of us, our food couldn't have been anymore southern-sounding: shrimp and grits, po' boys, and fish covered in some sort of gravy (that was Kevin's - honestly it didn't look too appetizing! ha ha!). It wasn't healthy by any means, but when in Rome Alabama...








 "Marine One"


Getting a lesson from David. 




What does that sign say David?


Kevin was making all kinds of gun/explosion noises (he sounded like a 5 year old boy playing with an invisible gun...it couldn't have been any cuter). 






Just a few more inches and I can see...




"Communication Room"


Holy jamalama those are big!




Chow Hall 


Berthing Room 




We left him there... 


Barbershop






 Ahoy!






 Silly David.


 It was as heavy as cement! Wow!


 Holding my hair out of the way...good teamwork!



Cheese!


Reenacting the Titanic scene: "I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger