Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ugly Sweater Christmas Party!

The "Ugly Sweater Christmas Party" is a trend throughout the holiday season that has been popular for years now (Decades even? Possibly!). The first time I heard of the this "trend" was when we lived in Vermont almost 3-4 years ago. I didn't know anything about them back then, so I went to Walmart and found two horrendously ugly t-shirts for us. Mine said something like "Santa, I can explain," and had a smiley face that lit up on my chest. I think vaguely Kevin's said something like "I won't tell Santa if you're naughty." Good lord. I couldn't believe that those were REAL shirts that were being sold in Walmart...

But this time around, I thought it would be fun to make ours! I went to the Dollar Tree and got the tackiest looking garlands I could find, some red ornament balls, and a glitter-coated star that we were supposed to stitch into our arms (but once we actually got around to it, he and I were so grossed out by the glitter that we decided to leave them off!). This is what they were supposed to look like from the photo I found online for inspiration:

Note that the glitter stars are still on the table...

But ours ended up looking like this:
(the hostess of the party Chelsey, had props for everyone to pose with. I promise that we didn't try to be santa and reindeer trees!) 

We tried...
"A" for effort? 


 Samantha crocheted their vests! So funny!

Aly just woke up from her nap in her jammies! Time to change into your ugly sweater!

Hi Bronson! You're so handsome!


The Sisson's
...note where his blue jingle bells are placed! 


 The Carlisle's


 Oodles of babies! I'm in heaven!

We played this hilarious game: a sticky note on our back with a name that we had to guess. Mine was Jack Frost! I think I was the only person who couldn't guess theirs! They kept telling me "You probably have the hardest one!" Gee, thanks! 

"Mary" and "Baby Jesus"...Danielle kept yelling at Samantha: "You listen to me, I'm your mother!" 
I'm giggling just remembering it...

Teeny little 4 month old Juliet! 

Another game that had us all laughing: drawing a christmas tree, fireplace, stockings, and presents on the top of our head! 


The Holter's 

 The Anderson's

Such a fun night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger