It feels like Kevin and I have been perpetually busy the past...well...can I say forever? Although, it seems like things have been increasingly busy the last few months (with the addition of grad school for me and flight school for Kevin)...as you can tell, I'm just now getting around to making the blog a week later!
But, we decided it was time for a little relaxation, and what better way to do that than to have a St. Patricks Day party? I snapped a few photos early before everyone arrived...but once everyone started rolling in the front door I actually forgot to take photos of any of the "action"! Between checking the food on the stove and in the oven, to making sure everyone was comfortable and had a drink, to catching up with people I hadn't seen in a while, it was quite the whirlwind at first! But I love entertaining!
We had about 13 people cramped into our tiny little townhouse and it was so fun! We played board games later in the night and had a jolly ol' time with our fellow Irishmen and women! We were all decked out in a sea of green shirts and accessories, and I even got a handful of green glasses and green mustaches that the guys wore throughout the night!

The only photo I got of one of our friends! Ben and his son Bronson.
I printed a large poster of St. Patricks Day facts for everyone to chat about!
We made corned beef, New England boiled dinner (kielbasa, potato, cabbage, and carrot meal that Kevin grew up with), shepherd's pie, and Irish soda bread!
All of the food had labels in Gaelic with the english translation below.
Thank you Aunt Jody for emailing me our Irish family crest that I framed on our buffet table! It looked so cute!
We set up an Irish Coffee station! Yum!
Of course green appetizers!
I'm still kicking myself for not taking more photos of everyone, but that's a sign of a really fun party!









No comments:
Post a Comment