Its been a couple years since we've done anything for Valentine's Day, but occasionally I get the itch to go all out and decorate the house with an explosion of pink and red, make a few sweets, and a decadent dinner. This year we celebrated with our friends and their children, and later that night had other friends come over for cocktails and board games. I have to say, sometimes my favorite celebrations are the ones spent at home rather than contending with the crowds! I figured since we weren't going out to celebrate I would treat our friends to coq au vin, pomegranate cranberry cosmopolitans, and chocolate covered strawberries. Go big or go home!
I questioned whether I should share these...I could hide them before anyone shows up, and no one would know any better!
Dangled Valentine related topics from the balloons in all of the rooms.
Our friend's babies! They're so precious I couldn't resist taking them off my Valentine's Day card and displaying them for the night!
Julie's beautiful red velvet cupcakes. They were so pretty I didn't want to touch them!
I don't think there was a moment in which Wes did not have a balloon in his hands!
Even in his family picture the death-grip on that balloon stays strong!
This little boy has been obsessed with me from the moment I met him...but put a camera in his face, and I'm chopped liver!
Yep, definitely not sharing these...alright, if I must!
Devouring his Mommy's cupcake!
Enjoying that cosmo with a very handsome Valentine...and rocking a jumpsuit I might add! Watch out 1970's they're making a comeback!






















No comments:
Post a Comment