Bouldering is a form of rock climbing that does not require any harnesses because (by the rules) you aren't allowed to climb any higher than your own body length. Technique and speed are the two main components to bouldering and Kevin has fallen completely in love. If you can imagine, most of the times we go rock climbing it consists of Kevin bouldering for about a half and hour while I read a book, or plop my butt down on the stationary bicycle to give my legs a warm-up while I'm waiting. It's like pulling a child away from their favorite toy when I finally get bored enough to tell Kevin its time to go downstairs and do some "real climbing," to which he gives me a teasing nudge or sticks his tongue out at me. Yep, that's my husband.
Kevin had a realization yesterday at the competition (in his own words): "I'm really not as good as I thought I was!" We left after 3 hours (before he was able to find out if he won) because he was so worn out that he needed me to drive home. Which if anyone knows us really well, knows that Kevin always drives because he loves it- I'll never understand why men love it so much- I hate driving. Its boring, monotonous and gives me headaches. So, for Kevin to say "you drive," you can imagine how much pain his hands were in. On the way home we saw the most unbelievably beautiful full moon rising over the mountains near our house. How lucky are we to have been able to get a photo?!

Bouldering Competition Poster

Practicing before the competition started.
The place was PACKED-at least 100 people.

G-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!
No comments:
Post a Comment