Thursday, June 16, 2011

National Museum of the Marine Corps - Quantico, Virginia

The last time I visited the Marine Corps Museum must have been in 2008 when we were in the area for Kevin's Officer Candidate School graduation. I was told that many exhibits had changed since then, and because it was a relatively nice day (low humidity and tolerable heat), I figured it was a good idea to take another peek! I invited my neighbor Stephanie to the museum in hopes of us both getting out of the house. She and I spend a lot of time at home, so it was nice to get out of our "caves." Enjoy a small portion of the photos taken yesterday...the photos don't do the museum justice; its amazing!

Entrance

My neighbor, Stephanie





I can't resist a good photo op!

Wax mannequins of real Marines



AV-8B Harrier

The legendary "yellow footsteps" of boot camp

The infamous hair cutting chair in Parris Island, SC



"Weapons of War"





Chosin Reservoir - Korean War

Bunker during Vietnam War

Utensils



Color Sergeant of the Marine Corps





Stephanie and I at the top of the museum

The mug I will one day drink coffee out of: "Ooh-rah!"

A photo that my Marine would appreciate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger