Sunday, June 26, 2011

Everybody knows somebody in Virginia...

This weekend I finally met the family I (technically), never really knew existed. Its one thing to hear about them occasionally without having ever seen a photo, but its another thing to actually meet them face to face. It turns out I have a larger family than I thought. In comparison to Kevin (he admittedly can't remember the names of his countless cousins), I thought I had a relatively small family. I realized yesterday, that was a silly assumption. In fact, when I was introduced to Jordan he said "Oh really? Another cousin? They're coming out of the woodworks aren't they?"

Its such a strange (but welcomed) experience to move to another part of the country and STILL have family where we move. We thought we were leaving all traces of family behind when we left New England, but sure enough family is down here in Virginia too. Want to hear something funny? When we move to Florida we'll have family there as well...

Linda, Jim, Butch, Jordan, Donny and his girlfriend (excuse me for not remembering her name) were all so welcoming and friendly. We ate some delicious BBQ, shot some very loud guns, sat around, and told the type of stories that make your belly hurt. We fed the horses, I practiced my photography, and headed back home to my feverishly studying Marine.

Butch with his grandson, Jordan.





Butch waiving hello to all my blog readers!


Jim.


Donny and Jim.


Jordan.











Donny.


Jordan, Butch, Linda, myself, and Jim.


Feeding Linda's sweet horses.


The sweetest tempered cat.


Linda with her small pups.


I wanted to take the Yorkie home in my purse....


How could you not love those faces?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger