All of the men at women at TBS (possibly all military), were given 96 hours of vacation time because of labor day, and wasting no time, Kevin and I began scheming all the things we could do with SO MUCH free time. Truthfully, Kevin isn't home much. I don't see him a lot...its almost feels like he's on recruiting duty again. He leaves for work anytime between 4am-6am, and I don't see him until (on average) between 7pm-9pm. Other days he doesn't come home at all...
So, saying we were both "excited" for the 4 long uninterrupted days together is an understatement. We had all kinds of plans from bowling to rock climbing, to seeing a movie to going out to dinner. It turns out after a week in the field, Kevin was too tired (and sick) to do any of it. We did however go out to celebrate Kevin's 10 year Marine Corps anniversary at the Morrison House in Alexandria. As for the rest of the days? We simply stayed in and behaved like shameless couch potatoes. Sometimes the best memories are those where you don't spend a dime, playing games, listening to music, reading to one another, and enjoying every meal together (which is a rarity). In hindsight, staying indoors the whole weekend is probably the best thing we could have done.
Friday we took it easy playing board games, grilling dinner, and watching T.V. shows on Netflix.
Kevin: 637 points
Amelia: 401 points
Remind me to never play Scrabble with him again...we used
every single tile in the bag and it took us 2 days!
The "Grill Master"
Steak and corn
Saturday we finally celebrated Kevin's 10 year Marine Corps anniversary...okay, maybe it was just an excuse to see him in a suit.
The Morrison House
Sunday and Monday were spent lounging around the house. Kevin studied for an upcoming test; I read and cleaned up our tornado of a living room.
Thank goodness for "96's"...I'm starting to think they were specifically created to appease the wives at TBS for not allowing us to see our husbands very often. Thank you Marine Corps, I certainly appreciated the mini vacation with my hubby!
Sincerly,
Two little love birds.







I love the pictures here. you look super happy. :) i'm glad you were able to spend time together with the love of your life. :)
ReplyDelete