Saturday, October 1, 2011

Belvedere Plantation

Before going home for my two week vacation in California, Kevin and I went to pick pumpkins seeing as how when I get back, October will nearly be over. We decided against getting "carving pumpkins" because there was no way I was going to carve a pumpkin 3 weeks before halloween, and pumpkins sitting inside the house for 3 weeks will undoubtedly cause a funky smell that not even air freshener could remove. Instead, we walked around the plantation, swung on the ropes in the barn, ate some funnel cake (aka "fried dough" in Maine), posed for some pictures, went on a hay ride, and got some hot apple cider before heading home...oh and of course the most important thing of all: we got a pie pumpkin!

I'm so glad I was able to go to a pumpkin patch before I leave, because things are going to pick up very fast once I get back. There's a photo shoot (or two), a marathon in D.C. I'll be photographing for a friend, the Marine Corps Ball, Thanksgiving, and eventually the move down to Florida. I can't believe how quickly our time here has flown by!


Cute prop on the farm, it says: "I finally caught up with my bailing."

There were beautiful sunflowers everywhere!

Your two favorite sunflowers...

Rope swing barn!

Kevin swinging in the barn.

Funnel cake...or as Mainers call it: "fried dough."



Okay, how cool is this picture?



Cheese!





Hay ride!

Poor Kevin was so tired!

Pick them right off the vine!

Don't pretend like this picture doesn't make you laugh...



Our white pie-pumpkin...yum!


Our delicious pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger