Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Kevin's 29th Birthday

Many weeks have passed and I admit...I was slacking on the blog. Kevin's birthday was nearly a month ago, but I'm finally getting around to posting something about it...can we blame it on early "old-timers"? We had a very quiet night, in fact I'm certain if you searched through our blogs to read his 28th birthday blog it would say the same thing.

Kevin's always been a home-body, just like me, so when I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday he said simply: "All I want to do is sit at home with you, eat some of your delicious cooking, and hopefully if I'm lucky get to blow out some candles on a birthday cake." Thats it. Thats all he wanted. No going out to dinner, no going to see a movie, no postponing the fun until the weekend. What a sweet man...and very easy. For me all I had to do was work around the kitchen for a few hours and he was a happy man. Deal.

He opened some gifts, read all his birthday cards, and posed for the obligatory "I'm one year older!" photo. Although, I'm certain the photo was more MY doing than his. You're welcome Holly! *wink*. He's such a special man and I'm so thankful to have him in my life. I'm thankful that I get to spend every birthday with him, and the only thing he wants in return is me. Well, I can't ask much more than that. Happy Birthday Kevin, you are so very loved by us all...

One more year and we can celebrate your 3 decades of life! The BIG 3-0!


In the morning before he headed off for work I scrambled together a quick piece of toast...with a birthday candle of course!

I told him I made a "bonfire" for him - 29 candles and 1 for good luck!

His mother's carrot cake recipe...still one of his favorites!

Engraved dog tags from my father.



"Shepard's Prayer" - a Naval aviator that went on to fly for NASA.
The exact same career path that Kevin hopes to follow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger