Kevin and I were so excited to spend time with our new friends here from TBS...while bumping into a few old friends from Vermont - its so nice to see familiar faces when you're moving around! We drank some wine, posed for some pictures, danced to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight," (an absolute must), smooched a ton, and even went out for a late night snack with some friends at a restaurant that was in our hotel at the Mariott. Needless to say, it was a late night. We were in bed by 2:30 Sunday morning...
In the morning we had breakfast at a local restaurant called "Perlys" - that literally had photographs of women with mustaches taped to them, pug pictures galore, and a male server wearing a skirt...not a kilt, a skirt; luckily the food made up for the quirky atmosphere. Before going home, we briefly stopped by the capitol building - its my goal to take a picture at every capitol building of the states we've lived in. Too bad we missed our opportunity in Maine, but maybe one day we'll get another chance!

This ball was so much fun for multiple reasons, but mostly because of the great friends we've met. Everyone has been so warm and welcoming, and I suppose thats because we're all in the same boat. We're all new to the area, and we're all here for such a brief amount of time, that we can't risk being shy! Either you make friends fast, or as I jokingly say all the time, you perish. I'm still working on my shyness and trying to open up to people earlier, but its always a learning experience every time we move.
The weekend went fast, but it was so much fun! Happy Birthday Marines, here's to another year! Oohrah.

Our gifts from the ball.
Getting ready!
Wearing my Granny's fur stole.
My gorgeous borrowed shoes...I was complimented many, many times! I felt like Cinderella with her glass slippers.
Mr and Mrs Allen reporting for fun! Oh yes, I DID just say that...
Stealing a kiss...
Kevin's TBS company - "Echo"
Guest of honor, Lieutenant General Wissler, speaking before dinner.
Cuddling up at our table!
I love him so much, look at that handsome face...
With Karie, Miranda, and Brianne.
Not only are they my new friends, but these are the ladies I shared the table with all night.
(Michelle, Meggie, and Laura)
Caroline and I know each other from Vermont! It was so
great seeing her again!!
Caroline and her husband, James.
Getting his groove on.
Kevin with his friend (and fellow future pilot), Lance.
Capitol building in Richmond.
Hey there!

















To start this comment off, I want to say that you always look gorgeous - but I love the photo of you in your "granny's fur stole" -absolutely fabulous, and the macro shot of your compact when you were getting ready is also awesome. You look stunning, as always! We miss you here in Vermont (but I bet you don't miss the snow, which has ALREADY fallen- but not stuck, yet).
ReplyDelete