We've been in Virginia nearly 6 months and Echo Company at TBS is gearing up to finish and graduate. Its been a long and difficult road for these men and women but they're emerging well-rounded Marine Corps Officers. Many nights have been spent in the "field" getting muddy, sweating their tushes off, and getting bit by god knows what kind of mutant bugs they have in these forests (trust me, I've had welts the size of golf balls from mosquito bites - the bugs must be on steroids here). I can't count how many times Kevin has told me someone had a tick in them, and how many times I'VE had to check him with a flash light in places that'd make you blush. But thats their job; they're living in the dirt, making tents, simulating war, shooting rifles, throwing grenades...pretty much everything that an infantryman does. Regardless of whether a Kevin is going to be a pilot, he needs to learn how to be an officer on the ground.
Over the 5 months, they've spent 9 weeks in the field, countless hours reading and studying, taking tests, writing orders, and dealing with sleep deprivation in the anticipation of learning what their MOS' will be [military occupational specialty (their jobs)], but because Kevin was guaranteed a slot at flight school earlier this year, he needn't worry about waiting to see what his job was. I have to say, that was probably the most comforting part. I feel very thankful that we've always known where we were going the whole time. In this crazy, upside-down world, it is a small comfort in its own...I'll take that.
In exactly one month the movers are coming to take us to Florida! Here we go again...
These photos were NOT taken by me - these were shot by the *platoon photographer* with our Nikon (which we lent him, as long as he didn't break it...or else I'd have to hurt him... ha ha).
Enjoy the photos from the last 5 months of training!

(Kevin in center)
(Kevin on left)
(Kevin in center)
(Kevin on left)
(Kevin on left)
(Kevin in center)
(Kevin in bottom-right)
(Kevin in center)
I asked beforehand if I was "authorized" to share these photos with family and friends. It was perfectly okay; the only stipulation was I could not show their names. If you see a strange blur in the photos, it is because I had to remove their names from all uniforms and helmets. Thanks for reading!



















































OMG, I can't tell you how excited I am to write my "last TBS" blog...LOL. Thank you for ALL of your help in preparing me for this journey. I love the pics! How cool he got to use your camera! Thanks for sharing, it gives me better insight on what they're doing. Adam usually just falls asleep before he shares anything...hahaha.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!! I admit, I haven't looked for any pictures, makes me think that I should dig around for some. We had some pictures earlier, but I need to look for some more recent ones. :) Great pics
ReplyDelete