Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sassy Shoe Night



A while back I mentioned to the girls that I had "all kinds of cute shoes, but no where to wear them to," and in an excuse to get dressed up, I created a themed outing called "sassy shoe night." All of our husbands have been gone for almost a week and we'll take any opportunity to get out of the house! None of us have children, so you can guess how quiet our houses are without any males hanging around grunting, snorting, or coughing (we love you! ha ha). In a sense its nice because you only have yourself to fix food for, theres less of a mess, and laundry isn't piling up to the ceiling. On the other hand, who wants their husband gone for week? Can you say booooring? Every time they go out into the field for a week we try to plan as many things as possible to distract us from thinking about how cold and miserable they must be out in the woods. Its not exactly something (with the knowledge of) makes you sleep better at night.

Well, we took care of the boredom. All the girls came over, I curled Miranda and Brianne's hair while we munched on spaghetti and whole wheat rolls (thanks for sending those Dad!). We went to "Mick's Sports Bar" in Stafford, and although we were definitely the most dressed up people there, it was a great time!

I'm sure there will be a few men reading this thinking: "Really? A night surrounded around wearing shoes?" To that I say, I don't think you understand just how much women love shoes! They show our personality; they can be fun, flirty, sexy even. They make us feel good, feminine, and confident. They come in so many assortments: flats, high heels, really high heels, and holy-crap-how-do-you-wear-those heels. Is it any wonder why we love them so much?

...sassy shoe night was a hit, I think it'll have to become a regular occurrence!



Ready to go!

Miranda and Karie

With Brianne.
My drink tasted like a pear jelly bean! Yum.

"I want to try YOUR drink!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger