Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas with the Allen's

Well, we did it! We successfully unpacked all the boxes in 2 days with enough time to set up a tree and bake some gingerbread cookies. Christmas is our favorite holiday, and I couldn't imagine spending it in our new home without the spirit of Christmas all around us. There's something so special about this holiday, whether you're young or old, there is always this special-something in the air. Everyone is in a good mood, no matter where you go the whole month of December people will wish you a Merry Christmas, and that childlike glimmer in your eye never seizes to leave...

With the high cost of moving during the Christmas season, Kevin and I decided it would be best to not spend much on gifts. Instead, we chose items that we needed, or were practical for the house. Kevin got tools for the front yard, and I got new pots for my thriving plants (seems fitting doesn't it? A new home for us...a new home for my plant babies). It was a very simple Christmas filled with lots of love...but isn't that all you need? You don't need flashy gifts, or an innumerable amount boxes under your tree, you just need someone to share it with. I think the older you get the less you care about the presents you receive, and more about the company you keep.

Merry Christmas to everyone that finds themselves reading this. Wherever you are, whoever you end up spending the holidays with, may you have a wonderful day!

Much love,
Kevin and Amelia.


CHRISTMAS EVE
On Christmas eve we went into town and searched for a tree...

Once we got home I started decorating the house.



Kevin went to work on our overgrown shrubs in the front yard...

...while I started on the tree.

I dusted off my "Santa Baby" sweatshirt!

Lets get cookin'!

Putting my early Christmas present to work! Thanks Mom and Dad!



While I was baking away...

...Kevin put together our "Rum-nogs"



Delicious!

After a long day, it was time to kick back!

We got our tree up, but unfortunately one of the light strings died...

...and unfortunately, my gingerbread cookies tasted...well, not so traditional tasting. That'll teach me for trying to make them healthier with wheat flour. Duly noted!


CHRISTMAS DAY

Our very fancy Christmas breakfast of coffee and cereal...still haven't stocked the fridge completely!

The color coordination was not planned (funny nonetheless), but I suppose its true...the longer you're with someone, the more you start thinking alike!

My Christmas presents: new pots for my plant babies!

Repotting the jade and the cactus.

New homes!

A leaf fell of the jade and started sprouting a new plant! How cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger