Friday, December 30, 2011

A Day at the Beach

Our 5 year anniversary was on December 26th, and because of the huge rainstorm we had we decided to postpone our "celebration" until Friday when the sun was shining and toasty, to make a celebratory trip to the beach.

Its been a dream of mine for 5 years to feel my toes in the sand once again and smell the salty air that was all too familiar. Growing up in California, many weekends in the summer were spent at the beach. Whether I was boogie boarding with my Dad, burying myself in the sand, having a bonfire with friends, walking on the boardwalk, eating on the wharf and feeding the lazy seals that sunbathed beneath...to the times we went candy shopping and munched on our favorite sweets as we strolled along. Clearly, the beach has always been a sacred place to me; it's always been a place that was filled with fun and excitement regardless of the time of year.

Going to the beach in Florida made me feel like I was home, and I couldn't have imagined celebrating our anniversary any other way. We were at a place I loved, with the man I love more than anything...life is good.

70 degrees and sunny...in December! Can't complain!



Ready for our packed lunch!

















Reading on the beach...our bums got quite toasty!









Wearing the first anniversary present from Kevin.
(orange sapphire for Kevin, and a pink sapphire for me)

Of course I couldn't resist a cute ornament...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger