Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

As most holidays go in our house we don't do much to celebrate other than spending quality time together. For Easter, we found ourselves having a typical laid-back Sunday that consisted of a nice breakfast, some Netflix documentaries, and a boat load of laundry. Many of our friends were either out of town, or were busy with their families so we decided to have an informal Easter on our own. We dyed a small 6-pack of eggs, planted some flowers, and had a tasty late-afternoon lunch before going to the movies (I don't remember the last time we saw a movie in the theater!). It was a simple Easter, but a very nice one at that!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!


Kevin getting his green thumbs dirty.


Finally got these hung! I've had these plant hangers since December.

Now it looks like home.

I get to stare at these beautiful flowers outside of my living room window every day now...I hope the humidity doesn't kill them as fast as we put them up!

Prepping for fun!

Egg dying time!




I must complain...this egg dying kit did NOT work. Boo!

I made kale & egg salad sandwiches, strawberries, and baked sweet potato wedges for Easter lunch. Yum! This "healthy foodie" loves an excuse to play around in the kitchen!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger