Yesterday marked the very last day of the Santa Rosa County Fair in Milton, and since Kevin and I have been so busy with school and work we decided to get all our homework done in the morning and early afternoon, so we could enjoy the fair later that evening. There were a handful of rides, a TON of food, (but in the south that goes hand-in-hand), a bunch of local businesses with booths, and some entertainment shows. I played the balloon pop game, Kevin and I tried some fried alligator, cotton candy, and a funnel cake. Fair food is always so bad for you, but we figured it wouldn't kill us for one night....besides who can say "no" to fried alligator?? Okay, I definitely could, but its one of those things you just HAVE to try living in the south. I wasn't a fan, but now I can check it off the list of things I have tried, and things I never want to eat again...
After we wandered around we watched a hypnosis show which was hilarious and had BOTH of us crying because we were laughing so hard. It was nice to get away from the house for a little bit. I feel like lately all I do is: eat, sleep, work, and write essays for my psychology classes! I'm so happy we got the chance to go to the Santa Rosa County Fair, because when we look back on all the different states we've lived over the years, it'll be fun to remember the local places we went...living like the locals, so to speak.
Now back to that darn essay...


Baby goats!!


Kevin wanted to buy a baby chick for our backyard to eat the bugs; there is no shortage of bugs in Florida...he might have been on to something!

This horse was HUGE in person!!


Funnel cake (fried dough) is a must for Kevin. It reminds him of being home in Maine...











No comments:
Post a Comment