Saturday, April 28, 2012

Palafox Farmers Market

Don't you just love that time of year when spring is nearly over, the weather slowly begins to get hotter each day, and you get to pull out the clothes you retired for winter? Sunflowers are in full bloom, sun tea becomes a regular, and farmers markets begin to open for business. A gentle breeze sweeps the scent of herbs through the air, everyone is in a good mood, and its not quite hot enough for sunscreen. Well, we had one of those days! Its so wonderful to have nowhere to go, nowhere to be (not stressing about homework), and walk hand in hand with Kevin along the streets of Pensacola. What a wonderful Saturday! 


I enthusiastically went to the "$1 per flower" bucket and grabbed 3! I think I've become obsessed with sunflowers over the years. How can you not love these mammoth beauties? They make me smile! 


Alabama bakery that sells flavored focaccia (sun-dried tomato and artichoke). 


So beautiful! They're in Kevin's Grammy's vase that was handed down to me by his mother. 


Monday morning I'm going out to get some nice "homes" for these herbs (cilantro, dill, and chives).



Putting our new dill to work! (lemon, dill, and garlic steelhead trout).


Florida has the perfect climate for sun tea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger