After spending countless hours working on my homework and an essay...I realized it had been nearly 5 months since we had been to the beach - what is worse, is that we only live 40 minutes away! We've both been incredibly busy since the moment we moved into our Florida home and it was about time we relaxed on the beach. I still had some editing to do on my essay so I brought along my laptop to write on the beach (which is fabulous I might add, I think the soothing noise of the waves made me write easier...can I use this as an excuse to move closer to Pensacola??). Kevin sat right next to me reading his book until I had finished, took a quick nap, and then went swimming!!
I can't even explain how warm the water is! We both said it felt like a bathtub; just floating around in the soft waves. The water is unbelievably crystal clear that 30 feet out you can still see straight down to your toes, and the waves were so gentle I can't imagine surfers even attempting to catch a wave on the beaches here...it was more like a lazy roll than a wave! I'm used to the slightly more violent waves of the pacific ocean, but I'm not complaining!
Lunch at a beachside restaurant called "Crabs, We Got 'Em"...no, I'm not kidding...
He's nearly waist deep and you can still see his legs...incredible!
Good thing we brought our umbrella, it was a hot one!
Editing my essay.
Drying off after our swim!














No comments:
Post a Comment