
Over 2 million children are affected by hair loss.
OUR MISSION:
Helping Children Look Themselves
& Live Their Lives

For over 30 years, Wigs for Kids has been providing Hair Replacement Systems and support for children who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, radiation therapy, Alopecia, Trichotillomania, burns and other medical issues at no cost to children or their families.
The effects of hair loss go deeper than just a change in a child’s outward appearance. Hair loss can erode a child’s self-confidence and limit them from experiencing life the way children should. With an injured self-image, a child’s attitude toward treatment and their physical response to it can be negatively affected also. Wigs for Kids helps children suffering from hair loss look themselves and live their lives.
One thing I've been recently passionate about is donating my hair. Its something that is so simple, easy, and doesn't require anything from you other than being patient over a few years. I've now donated my hair 3 times (a total of 6 years) and I can't see myself stopping anytime soon. The requirement is 12 inches of unbleached hair...and thats it. The last time I donated was in June 2010, so it has been exactly 2 years since the last time cut it (aside from the occasional trim). I've always said:"As long as I have the ability to grow my hair healthy and long, I don't see why I would ever stop."
Here's to lookin' at June 2014!
This Paul Mitchell salon in Pensacola is amazing!
Off it goes!
Aaah, so much lighter!
Bye, bye!
Hellooooo new haircut!











No comments:
Post a Comment