Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas

Christmas this year was different than most years, but in such a wonderful way! As most of you know, for the past year I have been working part-time with a family as their babysitter. Inevitably we all became incredibly close in the process...they're truly like my family now; we're forever a part of each others lives. When they asked Kevin and I to spend Christmas with them we of course said "Yes!" Kevin and I made french toast and a fruit bowl and headed over to their house around 8:00am to cook more, chat, and open presents...oh yes, and it was a pajama party! The girls made this Christmas so much fun...in my mind Christmas is the most enjoyable seeing it through a child's eyes - I thoroughly enjoyed it! 

Kevin and I attempted to go to a movie later that night...but, by the time we got dressed and snapped a picture in front of the tree...a tornado warning was in effect! Again! We just had one last week. Instead, we settled down in front of the news with some fudge, peppermint bark and tea. We knew it wasn't a good idea to go out at that point and decided to keep safe inside. All-in-all, Christmas was simple and spent the way it should be...with those you love! Hope everyone had a wonderful day!


These three photos of the girls were taken on their front porch and used for framed ornaments I made for their mother and father. 
Nyla (age 3)


Talia (age 4) 

Alana (age 7)
  
The ornaments in progress...

I wrote the girls letters from "Santa" and dropped them off in their mailbox after they went to bed. 

The fudge and peppermint bark I made.  

 Christmas morning! All three girls got new bikes from mommy and daddy!

Nyla is the biggest ham.  



 Our collaborative breakfast was HUGE!
...side note, look at Nyla's "Elvis" smile! 



 The cutest dolphin helmets!!





I made the girls library book totes! They picked out the fabric  

 All monogrammed with their initials. 

Found this cute idea online. They're Altoid's boxes turned into little traveling mice beds for the car complete with pillows and sheets!  

 They got me a waffle maker!! I've been DYING to get one of these! 

Gorgeous ornament from mom and dad! Thank you! 

I got him some of his favorite collectable playing cards and some new winter sweaters.   

More from mom and dad...Michael Kors?? I'm in shock! 

 I love sock monkeys...AND...I've been jokingly saying to Kevin for a few months that I wanted to get footie pajamas since the tiled floors in Florida can get cold as ice even with the heat on. What did he do? Bought me sock monkey footie pajamas! I was laughing so hard I was crying! 


 Did you know we have a parakeet? We got him about 6 months ago...his name is Gordon!

He loves the Christmas tree!

 Merry Christmas from the Allen's!
...and Gordon. 
...Gordon Allen? 

After the tornado warning we settled in for the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger