All of the men at TBS are required to see the "Sunset Parade" at least once before graduating and moving. The Sunset Parade is held every Tuesday night until Labor Day in the Arlington Cemetery in Washington, D.C. All families were invited to tag along and since the last time I saw the parade it was raining, I was excited to go and get better pictures than last time (especially since we have an awesome camera now!).
Kevin and I enjoyed a relaxed evening watching the Marine Corps Band play and the Silent Drill Platoon perform on the lawn of the memorial. I remember at one point looking over at my husband, sitting on our blanket watching the flag fly above the memorial with hundreds of Marines below, thinking...what a cool life we have. Just a few months ago we were in Vermont...a few years before that, we were in Maine. Our lives are always going to be like this; moving around, seeing different cultures, historical places, climates, etc. Like I said yesterday to Kevin: "We're nomads aren't we?" In which he smiles down at me like he always does, and says "Absolutely honey...the world is our home."

Iwo Jima Memorial
Marine Corps Band
Silent Drill Platoon























No comments:
Post a Comment