Valentines day has never been a holiday that Kevin and I have religiously celebrated. I always chuckle at the people that say its a "ridiculous holiday that was created by the card companies." If anything, once you know the REAL history of valentines day, you'd wonder how the heck it turned into the modern day holiday we celebrate today...but I think that goes for all of them, doesn't it? My favorite? The real history of halloween and how it has morphed into: who-can-wear-the-smallest-costume-day! Ha ha! Our thing is that we've always been practical. There are so many unrealistic expectations that people feel...do I buy her jewelry? Do I buy him a new electronic that will force us to eat ramen noodles for the rest of the month? No thanks. And that's not what the day is supposed to be about anyways. Who says you have to bankrupt yourself just to show someone you care? That's silly.
Kevin and I started our romantic day off by taking the car to the dealership for its 5,000 mile checkup. Oooh, how sexy! Then we ate lunch at a very popular seafood joint called Joe Patti's. I had a salmon salad and Kevin tried a new fish thats completely foreign to us called a "basa" - which I kept referring to as "Mufasa"...no, Amelia, he wasn't eating the majestic father in the Lion King. Basa was pretty good (kind of like tilapia)! We walked over to the nearby wine shop and picked up a new red wine for the evening. We then went to the NEX (naval exchange) on base to get a few toiletries and while I was in the store, Kevin sneaked some valentine gifts into the front seat for me...what a cheese ball! We walked around the aviation museum, came home, ate a nice dinner, and watch a movie on Netflix. We barely spent anything on each other, but it didn't matter! The day we shared meant the world to me!
To my wonderful Kevin:
Yesterday was so much fun! Each and every year gets better with you! My favorite thing to do with you is explore and go on "adventures." You've brought so much joy to my life and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your partnership, your friendship, and your love. You are such a special man and I am a very lucky woman to have you as my valentine forever...

I decorated the house before he woke up!

The gifts he snuck into the car while I was shopping.

The Blue Angels are right behind us!

My silly valentine!

The yellow plane above is George W. Bush's airplane.






No comments:
Post a Comment