Saturday, February 25, 2012

Up, up, and away!

Today was Kevin's 2nd flight and because the airport he's at is very relaxed and casual, he thought it would be a great idea for me to come along and take pictures. I've been telling him for weeks that I wanted to see him in "action" although lately, Florida has been giving him quite a difficult run at this flying thing...nearly every flight has been cancelled in a 2-3 week period due to "inclement weather." It turns out winter in the panhandle is probably the least ideal time of year to be in flight school. It's hot as Hades one day, and then pouring cats and dogs the next...not only that, but its also humid and windy just about every day. Why flight school is in this area of the country is beyond me!

But having said that, being able to see Kevin flying was one of the coolest experiences thus far. I can't tell you how nervous, excited, anxious, elated, (all of the above), that I was watching him. He was cool as a cucumber doing everything he needed to, and I thought to myself (as he was speaking with his instructor), how much he seemed at home talking about aviation. It sounded like he had been doing it forever.

It was a very overcast, yucky day to be flying!

The wind was blowing pretty hard too!



Pre-flight inspection.










Away he goes!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger