Wednesday, January 1, 2014

San Antonio

As most of you know, I'm a huge advocate for sightseeing, especially with our lifestyle where we're constantly relocating to different states. It doesn't matter if its a quaint little art gallery in Pensacola, Florida, a monument in Washington, D.C., a battlefield in Fredericksburg, Virginia, or a small touristy part of San Antonio, Texas.

I'm up for all of it! 

Before we moved to Texas, some of our friends who had already settled down in the area suggested that whenever we got the chance, we had to make a quick trip to the River Walk in San Antonio. With Kevin's holiday leave in effect, we jumped on the chance to get out of town! We did our research on hotels, took advantage of our travel points, and stayed at the Omni La Mansión del Rio in an AMAZING room that was upgraded by the front desk due to overbooking (hey, we'll take the upgrade you don't have to ask me twice!). The cherry on the cake was when the man who assisted us with our check-in sent us champagne for our anniversary. We felt like such 'grown ups' when we used the concierge for the first time for a reservation at one of the best restaurants on the River Walk called Paesanos. The Omni made the process so fun and luxurious...I'm a huge fan of this hotel now!  


 Thanks for the upgrade Omni! 




^^^
This is the lovely smile you get when dozens of impatient people are waiting their turn for a photo-op...






 Impersonating George W. in a thick Texas drawl - "Howdy Ma'am!" 



I loved that it was still decorated for Christmas! 


I spy a Kevin on our balcony! We had a great view of the River Walk!


Thanks Omni for the champagne on the house! 
(note the winter socks from Vermont...it was really cold that night!)


I'm an early bird...so while Kevin was still snoozing, I slipped out onto the balcony with a cozy robe, and some hot coffee, waiting for the sun to rise. It was so quiet and peaceful! 




THE ALAMO
Of course we couldn't go to San Antonio without visiting The Alamo. Photography was prohibited inside of the building, but the grounds of the property were beautiful...its hard to believe that so many men lost their lives where we stood.







It wouldn't be Texas without some cacti!





Amazing model of the battle!  


Very detailed! 


Downtown San Antonio on a Sunday morning...not too much activity, but we liked it that way!



THE SUNKEN TEA GARDEN
On our way out of town we stopped by the Chinese & Japanese Tea Garden for some tea and a quick snack (both Chinese and Japanese due to the owners that took care of the land prior to it becoming an attraction of San Antonio). It was far more beautiful than I was expecting!









Again, this is the face you get when people are staring at you...I think I get 'stage fright' when other people are watching! I promise you, I was very excited to be there! Ha ha! 





So handsome! 

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful photos! Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger